Meditations on parenting (Parent life) – discoveries, observations and hilarities Part II

My daughter's first birthday falls on Thursday this week and while I've been contemplating how much life has changed with her in it, I've continued to document her everyday activities which make me proud, cringe, laugh or give me a mini heart attack.

And so here is another edition of what I refer to on Facebook as "Parent Life"...

Injuries sustained as a result of your baby - particularly when she's lying in bed next to you (and these can happen while she's awake or sleeping!). But you don't really mind... at least after the impacted body part has stopped smarting.




Then there are the injuries to your baby... because she's too adventurous to be left alone on your bed anymore!


And even when you're there, she might just still do something unexpected! 



Speaking of adventurous - that streak of independence is also make itself apparent!


Feeding herself has brought about a few Kodak moments...



But what goes in must come out, leading to the next point of consideration – nappy contents... and your baby's budding sense of irony. 



Not to mention humour!! 



Oh and that thing about babies sensing weakness!


 And their oral fixation...


Exhibit A... well probably Exhibit C if I'm honest about it


We do geek in our house... 


Hmmmm. Too much Star Wars? There is no such thing!!

We try to do healthy sleeping habits... even though I know what will be best in the long run, I often still long for the cuddles while she's still tiny.



And that leads to moments like this 


It's difficult to describe how someone can suck up so much of your time and energy, but manage to bring you so much joy 


Even when she's being cheeky 


Or schooling me (unintentionally)


And intentionally
She has learnt to clap her own hands since then, but still likes to teach mom and dad. 



But I feel so proud when she reminds me just how clever she is

And cringe, but do so while laughing my butt off!
Let's just say it involved a baby who just started walking and a container that she should not have been able to get to.
She really makes me feel needed in moments like this

She is so much more than I ever imagined

True Story... 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Description of the Common Client Types in Retail Pharmacy

What the pharmacist (probably) isn’t saying…

Once upon a time, in any retail pharmacy you’ve worked at…