Meditations on parenting – discoveries, observations and hilarities

It has been a while since I have actually completed a blog post. Between being a working mom and a part time student, my life has been precariously balanced between my family time, work, chores, commitments, research and all the other weird and wonderful things associated with modern day life (such as keeping up with Game of Thrones to avoid seeing spoilers!).

While I have been labouring over a blog post which is not quite ready, I figured I would share some of the thoughts I have had during my parenting journey...

Is it a boy or a girl?


'Nough said. Although my friends expressed their confusion at how such a "beauty" could be confused for a boy :)

On sleeping habits...


Sleeping in? I do not understand this term! 


A baby must always sleep in their cot... yeah, well if I want to get some sleep then I'll do what I need to!

On important milestones...


And so far she seems to have picked up on the Hi-5s...


Marvel seems to be in the lead at this point.

On the contents of nappies...


I think that the laws of physics do not apply in these situations because it genuinely baffles me that someone so tiny can produce something so large and monstrous... 

On eating habits...


Clothes, bib, spit-up cloth all quickly thrown into the washing machine... On pre-rinse and medic wash!


Although regurgitated finger foods are not suitable for animal consumption and mom has to clean those up herself!


I cannot think of the smell of cooking apples and pears in the same way anymore! 

On the role of genetics...

She is also partial to bacon...

On keeping a baby entertained in the car...


She also loves "John Williams is the Man" – total geek in training! I love it! 

On early morning greetings...


"Oh hi mom!" Blegh!!

On disappearing jewellery...


As I looked for a specific pair on my dressing table this morning, I realised that they were on a high shelf on the bookcase in the lounge...

On the beautiful way a baby's mind works...


I just do not know what about it is funny? Maybe my daughter is a bit twisted and gets a sadistic pleasure from knowing how laundry is an endless job. 


On inappropriate word associations...


The irony being that I do not drink rum... 

On the constant need to snap pictures of my little angel...


The struggle is real.

On the superhuman strength of a baby...


I don't know where she gets it from!

Looking to the future when my daughter might look back on my past...


That was also before mommy owned a hair straightener...

On the sheer wonderfulness of being with your child...


No words are needed. Pre-work cuddles are the best way to prep for the day... except for when you do not actually want to get up and leave your precious one :(









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Description of the Common Client Types in Retail Pharmacy

What the pharmacist (probably) isn’t saying…

Once upon a time, in any retail pharmacy you’ve worked at…